Over the last little while I have become very sensitive to smell and the taste of certain things. I am not sure why this is but I am going to put it down to the copious amounts of drugs I have been forced to take. I don't have to take them but then I would die, or I will probably want to die. That is another story. That is a very morbid sentence isn't it!
Anyway, as I was saying, certain things really get to me. For instance I used to be able to eat lamb. I can't anymore. I literally gag at the smell of it cooking and the taste just gets me. However if it is doused in spices and totally unrecognisable as lamb I can sort of eat it - although the foul taste is still lingering but I can eat it without wanting to pass out. Cupcakes however don't seem to have this same effect on me! Funny that .....
The same could be said of my sense of smell. I have tried all my life to be a tolerant person but lately I just cannot hide my feelings. Particularly body odour and bad breath. GAGORAMA.
I don't know how I do it but if there is a guy on the bus or someone I am sitting next to for long periods of time I am guaranteed to get that one person who has these issues.
Last night I was on the bus. Sitting next to said offender. I gagged the whole way home. I have been told that my facial expressions leave little to the imagination. Lucky he was sitting to the side of me.
I don't want to be mean or hurt anyones feelings but on these occasions where I am trapped I just cant hide my feelings.
I will now accept my award as biggest Drama Queen for 2008.
I am now going to post this and watch as my list of friends declines because I offended. he he he. Come on Sarah, I know you will have something witty to say ........... Sarah????
THE END
10 years ago




8 comments:
umm, lamb has always been puketastic to me, and i'm not even on drugs. and i'm not even going to relate the (many) instances when ben wants smooches after chowing down on something with copious amounts of onions. retch! it's called a toothbrush, punk. use it!
AMEN SISTAS!!!! So I too do not have your extensive drug history, but my nose can detect odors from across countries. This has only gotten worse since pregnancy. My husband has been banned from anything garlic, and sorry sarah but not even toothbrushes help:) I just got in the habit of handing out gum and mints to everyone to help the situation:)
Terra
OMGosh! You took the words right out of my mouth, my entire family was blessed with a sensitive gag reflex. Smells are the worst for me, but also the sight of a little kid picking their nose and eating it or something like that. (I just GAGGED!) Anyways it's about 5000 times worse when I'm pregnant and anyone with bad breath or body odor just better stay outta my way or they're going to have another smell to add to all their nastiness. I find myself smelling my chapstick, or my own armpits,which smell good, to try and make it all better, sometimes it helps. lol.
Anyways, I feel your pain and your gagginess. Good luck with the bus!
Okay, I can smell somebody crack one off a mile away. I've been a hound dog since I came out of the womb and it's only gotten worse since the years have gone by. I say hurt their feelings and do them a favor by pointing out the obvious. If I can smell the rotten carcass that's emitting from their trap, then why can't they taste it? Gum, mints, mouthwash doesn't work. They need serious intervention like oral tissue removal. Of course then that leaves me to figure out how to fix the stank that comes out of their pores...
...um...Analiese....um...are you pregnant??? Naughty, naughty girl!!!
hello, that was going to be my next post ...... !!!!!!
Haaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa! really you do quite well at the 'sharing' thing...:)
I'm pretty sure Barnecked Lady has you waaaaaaaaaay beat on the things that can make you gag. I've never seen anyone lose it so easily, so quickly.
However, lamb? Disgusting. I'm impressed there was a time it wasn't gross for you.
It's a very good thing I live more than a mile away from Renee.
Post a Comment