So I don't have any pictures this post. This is just going to be a ramble of things in my head so I have something to post this week.
It has been super hot here. Hot as in Hades HOT!!! And constant. Usually we can get a couple of days that are scorchers but then it cools down to a reasonable summer temperature. Not this week. Then last night we had the usual big storms and had somewhat of a relief. I really need to get out there and risk life and limb to capture some of this! Ok, it is on my list. Anything for the blog.
I have been back at work for 3 weeks now and it has gone so fast. It hardly feels like we had Christmas at all! Is it just me or is time really going way to fast or is it just because I am an adult with a thousand things I want to do and not enough hours in the day (and no, I am not giving up TV to get them done).
I went to the movies the other night with a couple of friends. Our intention was to see "Bride Wars". It was cheap Tuesday, we didn't pre-book. It was sold out. So rather than head home we went and saw "7 Pounds". Now, this wasn't a movie that I had wanted to see but it was the only one available. I like to think that I am a "go with the flow" sort of girl and open to almost anything so I wasn't to worried about it. It was an interesting movie to say the least - and probably not one I will see again. I am not sure if I fell asleep half way through the movie and missed some of it or that was the way the producers intended it to be - arty and vague and left up to us to figure out. I am not sure I am a fan of those movies. If you have something to say, or a story to tell, then TELL IT.
Is the Obama fever over yet? I am pretty sure it is the media hyping this all up but I think our TV networks covered so much that by the end of yesterday I felt like an American. I hope he isn't going to collapse before he begins given he has the weight of the world on his shoulders! Will be interesting to see what happens but as with all things, any change usually involves pain and lots of time. Good luck with that.
I have decided to do somewhat of a pictorial journal. I am not going very well. I decided at the end of last year that since my brain has this strange habit of leaking that I really don't remember all the stuff that has happened over the past year. So I am taking a few random shots of things I have done over the month and will then post it for the world to see. It will probably be boring but at least I will have a remembrance of it and know that - no, my brain doesn't leak, just that I didn't do anything.......
10 years ago




2 comments:
thanks for the heads up on seven pounds. i wiki'ed it and it sounds like the kind of "interesting" i like to avoid.
as far as obama is concerned... i hope he turns out as good as everyone hopes. i personally didn't vote for him, but since it was for me a choice between the lesser of two evils, it is nice to see the loser be gracious and the winner be articulate and well liked. and i certainly hope that any changes he manages to implement are good ones.
is that hot as haiti, the country, or hades, the underworld, or something else altogether? :D
Oh my gosh! We have cheap Tuesday's here too! Most be a bad night for movies usually.
And I also so 7 el bees on Cheap Tuesday a few weeks ago because the movie we wanted to see started too late.
I did not like it. At all.
It cracks me up what you wrote about maybe falling asleep. That's exactly how it was and it was annoying. I liked how Sixth Sense had an ending you didn't see coming and it involved the whole movie being different than you thought. It's like they tried to do this, but you never actually know what's going on or even really what happened/happens. It's stupid to spend an entire movie not knowing what's going on and feeling lost. Who pays for that?
Apparently I have feelings about this...
Post a Comment