Mar 8, 2009

They dont have High Tea in Katherine

My friend is moving to Katherine for her husbands work. As in the outback, as in "Australia" where Nicole Kidman made the movie. I don't think it will be like the movies but still, they don't have a McDonald's cause the Mayor owns the chicken store. So pretty "outback".

Anyway, it is her birthday tomorrow and as part of her birthday and her good-bye we decided to have high-tea.

For those who don't know about high-tea, it is an expensive afternoon snack but it is about the atmosphere and the experience.

I had a camera and so I snapped this fun afternoon.




Although it was nice in there it was so dark so my pictures didn't come out as well as I had hoped. Look what I found on a raspberry!!!!

All in all it was a great afternoon to just sit and eat.

Have a great few years in Katherine! We will see you in Brisbane for a weekend of more eating.

3 comments:

Sarah Tilley said...

what, you don't think worms like to have high tea, too?

Kathryn said...

so there really is a town called Katherine? And this was where Australia was filmed? Anyway, with a name like Katherine, that town must be pretty damn coooooool!!!!!!!!

Laureen said...

ummm...wow! Was checking my blog stats tonight and followed your link - and I'm SO flattered! How awesome that you listed me alongside some of my alltime favorite photographers! So jealous of you in Australia...we still have two feet of snow!