Jun 30, 2009

Frostbite Anyone?

So in between all the madness of May we headed to New Zealand for my Uncle's surprise 60th. One day I am going to get there in the summer time.

Winter in New Zealand is just so bitterly cold. Now, I have endured standing in the snow for hours and days on end and that just doesn't even compare to the biting cold that I experience each time I go to New Zealand. Apparently when I was there it was quite "warm".

Did I say it was cold?

Here are a couple of shots from my stay there.

The city.
New Zealand Harbour Bridge - sort of like Sydney's but not really. I tried to be arty and get the NZ flag in there.


This place is called Rangitoto. It is an island in the middle of the harbour. It doesn't matter where you are looking from, the island always looks like this:

And my last attempt at being arty - in the mirror of the car you can see a small mountain - I was just on top of that taking pictures.

See you next time in summer New Zealand!!!

2 comments:

Sarah Tilley said...

i want to go to new zealand- it's freaking hot in n.c. right now.

Kathryn said...

Loving the arty shots.